Feb 6, 2010

I am falling in love!!

Yep that is right. And not with my darling Max, or my baby Joee this time. Nope. With my Cricut! You heard it I am in love with a Cricut. If you do not know what a Cricut is let me show you...

Photobucket


My mom bought me the Circut for Christmas. I had seen them at the last two scrapbooking conventions that I went to, and I was haunted by them everytime I went to my favorite store JoAnn's. The isle use to call my name, I would hear "Cherrrylll buyy meee!!" But I would talk myself out of it, because I had not "needed" one when I had made my previous scrapbooks. Then I would glance at the back of a "Cartridge" and be completly intemidated. Not to mention how expensive both the Cricut machine, and cartridges are... I was like uk-um no ma'am, slap my own hand, and make myself put it back.

Well Mom went all out and bought me one for Christmas, at first I was thrilled. Then to be honest I started looking at the cartridges and was disapointed because I wanted them all, and could afford to maybe buy two with my Christmas money. I got online and searched for a good place to buy them, I certaintly did not want to pay full price for them. I found a place on Ebay and ended up in their store. I bought two cartridges, one called sweet treats (cupcake fetish come'on) and the other a cheaper valentine one. I recieved them in the mail and put it up to tackle on a rainy day.

What better than a sick day to do crafts... I busted out the machine tonight, and now like I said I AM IN LOVE!!! I hand made invitations to my upcoming cupcake party, and then practiced with other things just wasting paper cutting out stuff :) Here are my results...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Basicly the Cricut cuts shapes. You push buttons to tell it what shape, size, etc, and as you can see you change paper color for different shapes then glue together and vwalla! So the pink and red hearts are TWO cuts pasted together. And the cupcakes are card shapes (yes it makes cards, cupcake holders, favors :) and then the heart, and cupcake wrapper :) So.. I know what I want for my birthday!

2 comments:

  1. I want a Cricut so badly too! It looks like you are having so much fun:) I love the look of the cupcakes. Cupcakes are my WEAKNESS!! Thanks for visiting me:) I really appreciate it. I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! my boys would break it in about 2 seconds, but I totally want one =)

    ReplyDelete